About the Dixon Studio
The Dixon Studio is a 100-seat studio located on the first floor of the Palace Theatre.
The studio is regularly used for a range of small-scale presentations including both amateur and professional productions, stand-up comedians and children's theatre. It can be configured in a wide range of formats including thrust, traverse, end-on and in-the-round.
Seats are unallocated in the Dixon Studio.
It is reached by a single-flight staircase or, for disabled patrons, a single-person lift.
Safety & Security
Your safety is our number one priority and there may be some additional security measures in place when you visit us. We will aim to keep any inconvenience and disruption to a minimum but would ask for your patience and understanding.
Should you notice anything suspicious when visiting, please don’t hesitate to report your concerns to a member of staff, security or the police.
At the Dixon Studio and Palace Theatre we offer:
- Flat-floor access to the bar and the stalls seating area
- Toilets for the disabled
- Infrared loop system - just borrow a headset from the Theatre Shop
- Guide dogs accommodated
- Designated areas for wheelchair users within the regular stalls seating and a free seat for a companion/helper (for seated concerts only)
- Free audio-tape of our brochure for blind patrons
- Signed Performances
- Special needs-aware theatre personnel
- Dixon Studio accessible via lift
430 London Road
Southend on Sea
Box Office Opening Times
The Palace Theatre (including the Dixon Studio) & Cliffs Pavilion operate a combined Box Office. Book online or either call our Box Office on 01702 351135 or visit in person.
The Cliffs Pavilion and Palace Theatre buildings and box offices are temporarily closed.