Youth Theatre Groups
At Southend Theatres we have six Youth Theatre Groups – Tiny Palace for 4 to 7 year olds, Little Palace for 7 to 11 year olds, Young Palace for 11 to 16 year olds, Total Palace for 13 to 18 year olds with high-functioning autism or Asperger's syndrome, Palace Youth Company for 16 to 19 year olds and a Technical Youth Company for 14 to 19 year olds.
Our Youth Theatres' work together to perform an annual show in the summer term at The Palace Theatre; which are always fantastic and original productions devised by the Youth Theatre's themselves.
The Technical Youth Company take part in three masterclasses per term and work on the technical side of the annual Youth Theatres production.
Most of our youth groups currently have waiting lists (except for Tiny Palace, Total Palace and Palace Youth Company) but if you would like to find out more and/or add you/your child’s name to a list please click here or call Rachel on 01702 390472.
- Meets on a Monday from 4-5.15pm or a Thursday from 4-5.15pm
- For ages 4 to 7 (must have turned 4 before 1 September 2017)
- £50 a term
- Meets on a Tuesday from 4-5.30pm
- For ages 7 to 11
- £55 a term
- Meets on a Monday from 5.30-7.30pm or a Thursday from 5.30-7.30pm
- For ages 11 to 16
- £65 a term
- For young people with a diagnosis of high-functioning autism or Asperger’s syndrome
- Meets on a Wednesday from 5.30-6.30pm
- For ages 13 to 18
- £20 a term
Palace Youth Company
- Meets on a Tuesday from 6-9pm
- For ages 16 to 19
- £80 a term
- Entrance to this group is via an audition.
Technical Youth Company
- 3 masterclasses per term
- For ages 14 to 19
£30 a term