Eat & Drink
At the Cliffs Pavilion
Get your evening off to a fabulous start! We have freshly prepared, seasonal food to tempt you. Main courses from as little as £9.50 with a menu designed to suit all tastes.
With stunning views over the Thames Estuary, the Pavilion Restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a quick bite or a three-course meal before the show.
Book now to receive complimentary nibbles back at the comfort of your own table during the interval!
Reservations can be made online or via the Box Office when you book your tickets for the show (or at a later date if you decide to add a meal after you've booked your tickets).
- Trio of mini soda loaves salted butter, olive oil & balsamic vinegar [V] £4.50
- Mixed Marinated Olives [V] £2.75
- Mixed sweet, spicy & salted nuts [V] £2.75
- Chilli rice crackers [V] £2.75
- Vegetable Crips [V] £2.75
- Spicy coated broad beans [V] £2.75
- Trio of Nibbles any 3 of the above 5 [V] £7.50
- Soup of the Day served with mini bread loaf and butter [V] £5.00
- Prawn & crayfish cocktail spiced Marie Rose sauce, baby gem lettuce & with mini bread loaf and butter £6.50
- Chicken Tikka skewers with a mint & yoghurt dip & £6.50
- Halloumi bites; and a caramelised red onion chutney £5.50
Sharers (serve 2)
- Whole Camembert baked with rosemary & garlic, served with caramelised red onion chutney and sundried tomato & oregano bloomer £10.00
- Butcher's Board BBQ & chilli chicken wings, chicken tikka skewers, honey & mustard chipolatas, garlic & herb flatbread, Texan BBQ sauce & blue cheese dip £10.00
- Vegetarian Mezze Board Chargrilled Mediterranean vegetables, marinated olives, Greek feta & sun-dried tomatoes, hummus, garlic & herb flatbread [V] £9.50
- Thai Red Chicken Curry with red chilli, coriander & lemongrass and steamed jasmine rice £10.50
- Beer Battered MSC Haddock with chunky chips, mushy peas & tartare sauce £9.50
- Beef Bourguignon with creamy mash and green beans £13.00
- Slow cooked lamb shank creamy mash, roasted root vegetables, rosemary & redcurrant sauce £16.50
- Buffalo mozzarella & vine cherry tomato salad with basil pesto, black olives, brioche croutons and pine nuts [V] £9.50
- add Chargrilled chicken £10.50
We are proud to serve Tom’s Pies at the Cliffs Pavilion. They have won multiple accolades including gold at the Great Taste awards and the British Pie awards. All our pies are served with creamy mash, a pot of gravy & seasonal vegetables
- Steak & Devon blue cheese £12.00
- Chicken, pulled ham hock & leek £12.00
- Butternut squash, mixed bean & cheese [V] £12.00
- Chunky Chips[V] [GF]
- Cauliflower Cheese[V]
- Market Garden Vegetables [V] [GF]
- Vine Cherry Tomato & Red Onion Salad[V]
- Roasted Root Vegetables[V]
- Apple & blackberry crumble with vanilla ice cream £6.00
- Sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce and banana ice cream £5.50
- Salted caramel & chocolate torte hazelnut & biscuit crumb with vanilla ice cream [V] [GF] £6.50
- Marshfield Farm ice creams & sorbets wafer curls [V] [GF*] £5.00
- Citrus lemon cheesecake mixed berries & mint [V] [GF] £5.00
- Sharing Platter of British Cheeses for Two crackers, plum & apple chutney, celery & grapes [V] [GF*] £12.00
Speciality Teas & Coffees
- Americano £2.10
- Latte £2.40
- Cappucino £2.40
- Floater Coffee £2.60
- Liquer Coffee £4.50
- Speciality Teas £2.40
[V] = Vegetarian, [GF] = Gluten-free, [N] = Nuts, [GF*] = Gluten-free possible
Please note that the dishes within this menu use fresh local produce, and are subject to change due to seasonal product availability.
Foods described within this menu may contain nuts or other allergens. If you suffer from an allergy or food intolerance please notify a member of management who will be happy to discuss your needs with the Head Chef
View Allergen Matrix 770Kb JPG
Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, A Family Friendly Buffet For Everyone!
New for 2017 we are delighted to be offering a family-friendly buffet with something for everyone, from the tiniest toddler to the biggest giant.
Choose from the Giant's Table laden with a selection of roasted meats, market garden vegetables and other family favourites including a build-your-own ice cream station.
Children (under 12s): £6.00
Other food options
Delicious packages of food and drink are served at reserved VIP tables on the Mezzanine before a show and during the interval for multiples of two people.
Cliffs Pavilion Foyer Bar
Open daily from 10am The Cliffs Pavilion Foyer Bar serves a range of delicious sandwiches, jackets and salads made to order to your liking. Visit us for a scrumptious lunch or a fine speciality coffee and a slice of cake while taking in the greatest views Southend has to offer!
Unfortunately, there are no kitchen or dining options at the Palace Theatre, but there are a variety of local options available.