Coronavirus: Suspended Performances at Southend Theatres
Updated: 8 April 2020, 3:40pm
As a result of recent Government guidance discouraging mass gatherings – events and performances at The Cliffs Pavilion and Palace Theatre (including the Dixon Studio) that were scheduled to take place before and including 31 May 2020 have been suspended.
Some shows beyond this date may also be subject to suspension or rescheduling.
The Cliffs Pavilion and Palace Theatre buildings and box offices are temporarily closed.
Advice for ticket holders
We are working to reschedule as many of the affected performances as we can. Inevitably this will not be possible for all events - and some shows will not be rescheduled.
Performances where a decision has been made are listed below and we will be updating this list regularly.
These procedures apply for all bookings made direct with the venue. If you booked through a third party agency (Ticketmaster, See Tickets) please contact them directly.
Shows (including past events) not listed below remain under discussion.
This list will be updated regularly and we will contact ticket holders by email when their scheduled event is affected.
- Adam Hess rescheduled to Sat 19 September 2020
- Adam Kay rescheduled to Tue 1 September 2020
- Andy Fairweather Low & The Low Riders rescheduled to Fri 9 October 2020
- Ansell’s Les Musicals rescheduled to Thu 9 September 2021
- Al Murray rescheduled to Tue 22 September 2020
- The Amazing Bubble Man re-scheduled to Fri 30 October 2020
- Any Suggestions Doctor? rescheduled to Sat 23 January 2021
- Anything For Love: The Meat Loaf Story rescheduled to Tue 10 November 2020
- Bang Bang rescheduled to Tue 18 - Sat 22 August 2020
- Bec Hill rescheduled to Thu 3 September 2020
- Ben Fogle re-scheduled to Mon 21 September 2020
- Bootleg Beatles, The rescheduled to Fri 16 April 2021
- Burn The Floor rescheduled to Mon 12 July 2020
- Coldplace rescheduled to Fri 26 March 2021
- Craig Revel Horwood rescheduled to Thu 8 October 2020
- Crimes, Camera Action (first four performances) re-scheduled to 22 - 24 March 2021
- Dial M For Murder re-scheduled to Tue 9 - Sat 13 February 2021
- Dreamboys rescheduled to Sat 22 August
- Elkie Brooks rescheduled to Tue 9 February 2021
- Elvis Tribute Artist World Tour rescheduled to Sun 15 November 2020
- Firedance - rescheduled to 12 March 2021
- The Fureys rescheduled to Mon 7 September
- Garrett Millerick rescheduled to Sun 29 November
- Henning Wehn rescheduled to Sun 6 September
- Iain Stirling rescheduled to Thu 18 March 2021
- Jack Dee rescheduled from 22 April to Wed 2 September
- Jack Dee rescheduled from 3 May to Thu 10 September
- Jimmy Carr rescheduled from 19 April to Sun 16 August
- The Joe and Dianne Show rescheduled to Wed 14 April 2021
- The Johnny Cash Roadshow rescheduled to Mon 12 October
- Lindisfarne Don't Dress For Dinner rescheduled to Tue 10 - Sat 14 November 2020
- Lloyd Cole rescheduled Tue 1 September 2020
- LTC Big Fish rescheduled to Wed 25 - Sat 28 November 2020
- Lucy Porter rescheduled to Fri 18 September 2020
- Madama Butterfly rescheduled to Sat 10 April 2021
- Matt Forde rescheduled to Thu 3 December 2020
- Menopause The Musical 2 rescheduled to Sun 28 March 2021
- Milton Jones rescheduled to Tue 23 February 2021
- Nick Butter, An Evening with rescheduled to Fri 12 March 2021
- Paul Weller rescheduled to Sun 7 March 2021
- Phil Wang re-scheduled to Tue 29 September 2020
- Rachel Parris rescheduled to Sat 10 October 2020
- Red Hot Chilli Pipers rescheduled to Thu 22 April 2021
- Remembering The Oscars rescheduled from 28 March to Wed 7 April 2021
- Rhod Gilbert rescheduled to Sun 18 October 2020
- Robert White rescheduled to Thu 24 September 2020
- Romesh Ranganathan rescheduled from 17 May to Tue 25 May 2021
- Romesh Ranganathan rescheduled from 31 May to Wed 26 May 2021
- Ross Nobel rescheduled to Thu 25 February 2021
- Rumours Of Fleetwood Mac rescheduled to Mon 13 July 2020
- Sensational 60s Experience, The rescheduled to Fri 15 January 2021
- Seven Drunken Nights rescheduled to Thu 13 May 2021
- Simon Brodkin rescheduled from 16 April to Wed 16 September 2020
- Simon Brodkin rescheduled from 17 April to Thu 17 September 2020
- SODS Company rescheduled to Anything Goes Wed 4 - Sat 7 November 2020
- Six - The Musical rescheduled to Tue 4 - Sun 9 August 2020
- Sopranos, In conversation with The , rescheduled to Mon 21 June 2021
- The Sound Of Springsteen rescheduled to Thu 13 August 2020
- Tim Vine rescheduled to Thu 24 September 2020
- Tom Stade rescheduled to Mon 21 September 2020
- Toyah & Hazel O'Conner rescheduled to Tue 8 September 2020
- Walk Right Back re-scheduled to Mon 28 June 2021
- Ward Thomas rescheduled to Wed 2 September 2020
- What's Love Got To Do With It? rescheduled to Thu 27 May 2021
- Whitney - Queen Of The Night re-scheduled to Thu 21 August 2020
- We Will Rock You - Rescheduled to February 2021
- Joe Gibson and Company Jazz Sunday Lunch rescheduled to Sun 2 August
- Los Pacaminos rescheduled to Sat 15 August
- Mrs B's Boys rescheduled to Sat 25 July
- West End Rats rescheduled to Fri 3 July
Events that will not be rescheduled
- The Adventures of Bo Peep – Sun 22 March
- Beautiful - 28 April - 2 May
- The Bruno Mars Songbook - Thu 28 May
- Buddy - The Musical 15 - 19 July
- English Youth Ballet - Giselle 21 - 23 May
- Fanny Galore - Fri 20 March
- The Guilty Feminist - Thu 21 May
- The Hollies - Wed 6 May
- Ian Anderson - Mon 18 May
- LTC present Miscast - 26 - 28 March
- Oliver! (Frances School of Drama) – Fri 20 & Sat 21 March
- Sarah & Duck 16 & 17 April
- Temptation In The Temple - Fri 6 June
- The Simon & Garfunkel Story - Sun 14 June
My show has been rescheduled to a new date – what should I do?
We will email all ticket holders to inform them of the new date.
The new dates for performances that have been rescheduled so far are listed above.
- If you are able to attend on the new date your original tickets will remain valid. You do not need to take any action.
- If you are unable to attend on the new date there is a form to complete to let us know, which would have also been emailed to you. Reimbursment will be using a voucher system.
My show is not being rescheduled – what should I do?
You should receive an email confirming that your booking will be reimbursed through a voucher credit system. Our Box Office team will arrange for the voucher to be issued and it will be sent to you by email.
Vouchers will be for the full value of your tickets (including any fees). They can be redeemed against a future show.
Nothing. We will contact you by email as soon as the status of shows is confirmed. We will also update this page.
Have another enquiry?
If you have another question about your order, please use our online enquiry form.
You will appreciate the unprecedented nature of the current situation; and the volume of customer enquiries we are receiving at this time. Further updates will be provided through updates to this page and by email to ticket holders.